This short course will cover preparing and using the portable apparatus tester, using test results to establish the safety status, identifying safe and unsafe cords and apparatus, applying appropriate tagging, documenting testing activities and dealing with unplanned events.
While undertaking this qualification, participants gain skills and knowledge in:
- Prepare the PAT (Portable Apparatus Tester)
- Connect electrical cords and apparatus to the testing apparatus
- Use test results to establish the safety status of electrical equipment
- Identify safe and unsafe cords and apparatus
- Learn to apply appropriate tagging
- Learn to document testing activities
Competencies required for a restricted contractors licence are not included in this course.
Upon successful completion of this course participants will receive a Statement of Attainment in UEECD0007 - Apply Work Health and Safety Regulations, Codes and Practices in the Workplace and
UEERL0003 - Conduct in-service safety testing of electrical cord connected equipment and cord assemblies.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
Training is delivered face-to-face, for a duration of 2 days.
This is a fee for service course with an upfront cost due on enrolment.
For course delivery dates and enrolment enquiries please contact Tec-NQ.